Skip to main content

Finesse






"This is the recipe of life
said my mother
as she held me in her arms as i wept
think of those flowers you plant 
in the garden each year
they will teach you 
that people too
must wilt
fall
root
rise 
in order to bloom"
-Rupi Kaur



The things that happen in your life are specific to you and just because you don't want them to happen does not mean they won't. Something I've come to find with time is that every circumstance in your life is to make you the person you are meant to be. That is to say that all the bullshit you go through in life is there to make you some kind of better person. And though at times life feels impossible to conquer, your life is nothing short of a miracle. The life you are living is a work of art and if you know art, you know it is always a work in process. Now I could just tell you that in hopes that you'd understand what the universe is doing to make the best possible you, but its not enough. So here's this...

It's been taking me forever to come up with new content recently because I've been so buried in final projects and end of the semester bs that I'd rather not be doing. Being an architecture major means spending money on materials to build final projects and dedicating a ton of time to studio to get it all done. On top of that a couple weeks ago I was the chosen victim of a professional scam. I got a call from the so called "government," talking to me about the money I owed to the IRS and money I could receive in grants. These individuals were clever enough to send me fake documentations of who they were, know exactly what my financial situation was and who I was, and convince me to give them money. These were professionals who chose their victims wisely and unfortunately robbed me of a lot of money, leaving me broke and even more stressed out. So basically I have no money for rent, am working 3 jobs to make up for that, and have no time to do it all. These are circumstances I clearly did not ask for but am having to adapt to. These are real life obstacles I didn't have the option to dodge, but rather have to react to them. And thats just it.

That's the way life works. Stuff happens to you and you just have to react to them. You have to roll with the punches and accept the challenges. I read a quote on FB the other day that said "When you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what's happening. That is where your power is." And it's true. When stuff is out of your control you just have to choose the right way to react to them. You gotta keep your head high and pretend like that shit didn't phase you and keep pushing forward. You have to finesse your way through life. For me this means busting my ass to make up for the money I lost. This means reminding myself everyday that it is going to be okay and telling myself I'm strong enough to get past this. Because at the end of the day it's life testing me. Its the universe challenging me to react and learn to overcome any circumstance thrown my way. My reaction of course is not an easy one, but I know if i keep myself positive and push myself to figure it all out I will.

And so will you. So hear this...

Shit happens and life is hard. But life is not about dodging obstacles, but rather reacting and learning from them. Reacting to them in a positive way is the best way to have life work in your favor. Handle your life gracefully like you've been training for this. Fall and Rise.

Peace and Love,
Jaz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma

So this topic was one I've wanted to write about since I started this blog but haven't had the guts to write it out knowing I would exploit the live of someone without them knowing first. I feel like she won't mind if she actually read it and saw I was using her as an example for something positive that has help me grow spiritually and has consequently made me a better person.  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi This post will be about my mother. For those of you who don't know who she is specifically, sorry I'm going to leave her name out of this because I don't feel as though that is important. So here's the basic summary of the life of my mother through the lens of her eldest daughter. My mom got pregnant at the age of sixteen and had me at the age of seventeen while she was still in high school. Though I was too young to remember how her life was when she was a young mother

Who the heck am I?

A question I'm still asking myself sometimes ngl. So I'm going to start this post off with a quote I received from a friend this morning: "What is most personal is most universal."  - C.R. Rogers Quote is super relevant because thats what I'm about to do.. get personal. So I think it's safe to say that if you guys are reading this you probably have an idea of who I am being that I linked this to all my social media accounts. But allow me to re-introduce myself without the likable insta posts and quotable twitter lines. I am Jasmine. Or as most of my friends call me Jaz. I was born at Health Park Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida to teenage parents. My mom had me at seventeen and my parents had to become parents while they were young and not really ready. They struggled and for a long time we lived in a little trailer down A road in a little town called Labelle. Right before I turned two they blessed me with a sister who has been my rock through m

Depression and Drugs

"Once you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." -Willie Nelson Have you ever felt like your life was on repeat? The same boring shit keeps happening and it just feels like you aren't really progressing? Well if you've ever stopped for even a second and thought about this, thats the first step in fixing the problem.. Acknowledging you have a one. Now I'm about to get real dark for a minute and tell you about my depression and what I did when I realized I had a problem. So back when I first started attending UF is when I noticed something was not right. I was so focused on getting everything I needed to get done for school that I didn't take a moment to think about how I was actually feeling about my life. I started noticing something was wrong with myself when crying every night would become a routine for me instead of sleeping. I'm talking like I wasn't sleeping for like 48 hours at