Skip to main content

What the heck am I doing?!

Alright guys so I know what you guys are probably thinking.. "What the heck is Jas doing? She's blogging now?!" And yes, I am. Give me a minute to explain.

I watched this really heart felt video the other day on Facebook somewhere about this guy name Jason Momoa (Here's the link if you haven't seen it already Inspirational video) and tbh I didn't know who the heck he was before clicking on the video. I was simply drawn into the video because it was posted by the Designspiration FB page and I LOVE watching inspirational videos via social media. But that's pretty normal right. I think it's safe to assume thats where most people my age discover cool people, content or inspiration in a world run by the internet and social media platforms. Anyways... back to the video. The video is about Jason Momoa who tells his story of growing up and becoming an actor, director but most importantly a father. In the video he talks about how important his job as a father is to teach his kids about integrity, hard work, self expression, dedication, and a bunch of other righteous things dads should be teaching their kids. Now obviously I am not a father myself but this video literally had me in tears for how real and touching his words were. Towards the end of the video though he talks about his pants, which when first watching the video I believe was a pretty good segway from being a dad. However, I was attending a social media webinar tonight and the people running the class mentioned that the video was originally made to sell the pants he mentioned. I was like WHHHAAAATTT?! My mind was blown on how he used emotional appeal to grab someones attention enough to even think about pants. I'm not even a dad and he had me crying enough to continue watching him sell his dad jeans. And then it hit me. He used HIS story to relate not only to fathers, but to people all over the world enough to sell himself AND the pants. He used his story to connect with an audience.

So why am I blogging? This is my attempt to connect to my social media followers enough to inspire, encourage, and even engage positive energy. I started a blog to be a sort of daily-ish journal where I will be telling my story, spreading love, and giving people like me a chance to build themselves up and even become a better person. In this process I've accepted that I will fail and not everyone will be into everything that I'm sharing but thats okay. This will still be a chance for me to attempt to connect with even a few people to show that anyone can put themselves out there and influence others to share and spread positivity. Now if you are reading this far, I've got your attention but bare with me.. this blogging stuff is going to be rough for me at first but I will do the best I can to post stuff that makes sense and is easy to read. That should be easy considering I'm a 21 year old college female who knows ain't nobody got time to be reading long ass articles that they don't HAVE to be reading, but you guys could also help me out with this. I'm going to leave my blog open to comments, known or anonymous, so that who ever IS out there reading can give me advice on how to make my stuff more interesting or whatever. As I'd really encourage and would appreciate feedback and/or criticism I want you all to remember this is MY safe space. This is the place that I am going to feel comfortable posting things that are as real to me as it gets so please don't comment hateful things. If you don't like something I said or do want to express your opinions on me as a person please slide in one of my social media DMs and we can totally talk it out and I will see what I can do to personally change your opinion on me.

So that's it. No one is telling you to read my story but I would be ever so grateful if you gave me a chance. For those of you who still don't understand what the heck I'm doing.. my next post will be about who the heck I am and that will hopefully give you a better idea of what I'm doing and why. Thank you to those of you who made it to the end of this post and I look forward to sharing my story.

peace and love,
Jaz

Comments

  1. I'm stoked you're doing this, I journal daily as well but privately, it's kind of like me taking a stroll through my mind and it helps me to control my thoughts. Ya know, mind over matter. One of my favorite quotes is from Eat Pray Love "you have to select your thoughts everyday like you selects your clothes"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma

So this topic was one I've wanted to write about since I started this blog but haven't had the guts to write it out knowing I would exploit the live of someone without them knowing first. I feel like she won't mind if she actually read it and saw I was using her as an example for something positive that has help me grow spiritually and has consequently made me a better person.  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi This post will be about my mother. For those of you who don't know who she is specifically, sorry I'm going to leave her name out of this because I don't feel as though that is important. So here's the basic summary of the life of my mother through the lens of her eldest daughter. My mom got pregnant at the age of sixteen and had me at the age of seventeen while she was still in high school. Though I was too young to remember how her life was when she was a young mother

Who the heck am I?

A question I'm still asking myself sometimes ngl. So I'm going to start this post off with a quote I received from a friend this morning: "What is most personal is most universal."  - C.R. Rogers Quote is super relevant because thats what I'm about to do.. get personal. So I think it's safe to say that if you guys are reading this you probably have an idea of who I am being that I linked this to all my social media accounts. But allow me to re-introduce myself without the likable insta posts and quotable twitter lines. I am Jasmine. Or as most of my friends call me Jaz. I was born at Health Park Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida to teenage parents. My mom had me at seventeen and my parents had to become parents while they were young and not really ready. They struggled and for a long time we lived in a little trailer down A road in a little town called Labelle. Right before I turned two they blessed me with a sister who has been my rock through m

Depression and Drugs

"Once you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." -Willie Nelson Have you ever felt like your life was on repeat? The same boring shit keeps happening and it just feels like you aren't really progressing? Well if you've ever stopped for even a second and thought about this, thats the first step in fixing the problem.. Acknowledging you have a one. Now I'm about to get real dark for a minute and tell you about my depression and what I did when I realized I had a problem. So back when I first started attending UF is when I noticed something was not right. I was so focused on getting everything I needed to get done for school that I didn't take a moment to think about how I was actually feeling about my life. I started noticing something was wrong with myself when crying every night would become a routine for me instead of sleeping. I'm talking like I wasn't sleeping for like 48 hours at