Skip to main content

Unfxck Your Environment

Get rid of anything in your life that brings about negativity.



"Trust the vibes you get, energy doesn't lie"
-Unknown 

There is really no excuse for you to keep people, objects, or ideas around if they bring you bad vibes. Get rid of it! If you are trying to make your life something to be proud of and something worth bragging about, lose the baggage. Nobody wants to be around people or things that constantly bring them down. And trust me, it's not worth it to waste your time in an environment that is not benefiting your life. You've probably heard this a thousand times from memes and stuff you see all over the internet but how many of you actually take the advice you're given?

I'd like to believe that after seeing these little messages around you that you'll start listening to them. I mean thats kinda how it was for me. For a long time, I was one of those people. I always saw little quotes and messages that told me to get rid of the negativity and I always said "Nah, but he's cool sometimes" or "this bad feeling is only temporary." Guess where that got me? That got me into several relationships with people who were unsupportive, discouraging and lowered my self-esteem. This also got me into several situations that I did not want to be in. This got $800 ripped from right under me for believing that negative people wouldn't do me wrong. This got me several nights of insomnia. This got me no where and actually halted my spiritual growth. Keeping negativity in my life, even when I knew what it was, literally brought me down in every way possible and kept me believing that I didn't deserve to be as happy as I wanted to be. When I actually started acknowledging the things in my life that gave me "bad vibes" and started taking action against these things, my life started looking up. 

I can almost guarantee that everyone of you guys reading this now have at least one person in your life that brings your frequency down. Thats right. The first person that came in your head as you read that is the person I'm talking about. You think it's a coincidence that your mind knows exactly what I'm saying when I say that these bad vibes effect you? It's not. Deep down in your subconscious you have the knowledge to grow closer to your true self and when you ignore these little feelings and instincts that show you who you are, you move further away from your life's purpose. Now I'm not saying that the person or thing that came to your mind when I said bad vibes is necessarily a bad thing, however I am asking you to take a step back from whatever that is and really reflect on what they or it is bringing into your life. If in fact you think on it and hear your sixth sense telling you that this energy is bad for you, you need to figure out what you can do to move away from that negativity. Keeping negative energy in your environment is a sure way to remain in the same place if not bring you down. Open your eyes to the truth and only surround yourself in an environment that will better you.

All that being said, what I want you to really take away from this I've listed in a few bullet points in case you still don't get it.

  • Look around and acknowledge the things in your life that are good and bad. Odds are you already know what these things are, you just gotta listen to your mind. 
  • Lose the negative energy. Whether that be a job that brings you down, a person that you just have a weird feeling about, or just a habit that is unhealthy for your mind body and soul. 
  • Focus in on your instincts and the little signs the universe gives you. They're usually based on facts buried somewhere deep in your subconscious.
That is all. But I just want to give a shoutout to We Are Neutral who's slogan and t-shirts that say "Unfxck the Environment," really inspired the title and theme of this post. They've also inspired me to be more eco-friendly and to give back to earth so that we all live in a better environment. 

Stay woke people! Life starts to make more sense when you are aware of the things around you. 

Peace and Love, 
Jaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma

So this topic was one I've wanted to write about since I started this blog but haven't had the guts to write it out knowing I would exploit the live of someone without them knowing first. I feel like she won't mind if she actually read it and saw I was using her as an example for something positive that has help me grow spiritually and has consequently made me a better person.  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi This post will be about my mother. For those of you who don't know who she is specifically, sorry I'm going to leave her name out of this because I don't feel as though that is important. So here's the basic summary of the life of my mother through the lens of her eldest daughter. My mom got pregnant at the age of sixteen and had me at the age of seventeen while she was still in high school. Though I was too young to remember how her life was when she was a young mother

Who the heck am I?

A question I'm still asking myself sometimes ngl. So I'm going to start this post off with a quote I received from a friend this morning: "What is most personal is most universal."  - C.R. Rogers Quote is super relevant because thats what I'm about to do.. get personal. So I think it's safe to say that if you guys are reading this you probably have an idea of who I am being that I linked this to all my social media accounts. But allow me to re-introduce myself without the likable insta posts and quotable twitter lines. I am Jasmine. Or as most of my friends call me Jaz. I was born at Health Park Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida to teenage parents. My mom had me at seventeen and my parents had to become parents while they were young and not really ready. They struggled and for a long time we lived in a little trailer down A road in a little town called Labelle. Right before I turned two they blessed me with a sister who has been my rock through m

Depression and Drugs

"Once you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." -Willie Nelson Have you ever felt like your life was on repeat? The same boring shit keeps happening and it just feels like you aren't really progressing? Well if you've ever stopped for even a second and thought about this, thats the first step in fixing the problem.. Acknowledging you have a one. Now I'm about to get real dark for a minute and tell you about my depression and what I did when I realized I had a problem. So back when I first started attending UF is when I noticed something was not right. I was so focused on getting everything I needed to get done for school that I didn't take a moment to think about how I was actually feeling about my life. I started noticing something was wrong with myself when crying every night would become a routine for me instead of sleeping. I'm talking like I wasn't sleeping for like 48 hours at