Skip to main content

Creative Visualization

"Time is an illusion. Manifestation will come when your frequency matches your desires."
-Unknown



It's on sleepless nights like this I think I write the best.

While most of the world is sleeping, I'm up contemplating my entire life. I've gotten so used to my insomnia by now I believe she's a whole other type of artist. The kind that thinks and thinks and thinks like there is no tomorrow. Sleepless Jaz is a whole other breed of energy that inspires me to bring the inter-workings of my brain into the light. Which is ironic since she only screams at night. Anywho, what's up?

So I was thinking... I guess since I'm about to finish a chapter in my life maybe I should detox. And I don't mean just cleansing my body. I mean like everything. Pretty sure I will gain a lot through cleansing my mind, body and soul. But I got to admit it's been pretty difficult to accept the big change is coming in my life. Which honestly kind of surprises me because I've never been much of a settler. You know I'm not really a person who like to get too comfortable with where I'm at or what I'm doing for too long. Because that gets old. I think the biggest thing I took away from growing up in such a small town is that there will always be greater things in store when you move on. I could probably say that for anything, not just big life changes but little ones to. Ya know the small changes like getting rid of ya old clothes because you've out-wore them or because you know better than wearing the top you bought in high school. And I mean those are the good things you get rid of. The things that have some significance to you because they were part of who you were. Cleansing is good though. It's an opportunity for you to start fresh and reinvent yourself. Change is good. Or at least thats what I hear.

Besides purifying my life, I've been thinking a lot about how I got to where I'm at now. Being from a small town means if you ever want to make a difference in the world or life a happy life, you gotta work really fucking hard at it. You gotta dedicate all of your free thought and energy to making that shit happen because it certainly doesn't just fall into your lap. I don't think a lot of people realize that a simple change in mindset can help you get to where you are meant to be. That means focusing in on your long term goals, making moves that'll benefit you, and spreading positivity that will karmically brighten your future. A lot of people take the little things for granted. But really it's your mind that controls your future. Once you start controlling that shit, things will just happen to you. Sometimes it'll be exactly what you imagined and sometimes it'll just be life teaching you a lesson before you get to your destination. Either way visualization is the key to your dreams.

I wouldn't be saying all this stuff if it didn't mean something to me. But it does because this type of thinking is what got me to where I am today. I'm a University of Florida graduate and artist who is about to move to a city to continue her passions and experience life from the other side. The greener side. The side that people tell you is better when they look at their glass half empty. I'm the glass half full. I haven't reached my full potential yet but man when I tell you a change in mindset made me this way, I mean it. When I was living in a little country town, the things I'm doing now seemed impossible. When I left there I realized that type of thinking didn't make things any more possible. It actually kept me second guessing myself when I knew in my heart I could achieve the things I wanted to achieve. When I realized I could do great things I started to devote more time to the things that mattered. The things that made my heart feel all warm and shit. The things that felt right. I don't want to say that everything along the way hasn't been a rollercoaster of struggles because it definitely has, but I've learned something every low drop. That has made me a better person.

It takes a lot for me to open up and speak about the things that go on in my mind when it's quiet, but I do this because I'm hoping that one of you reads this and says... "yo I felt that." Like that is honestly the only reason I still do this. This blog isn't for everyone, but it's for the people who choose to listen and the ones who want to gain a new perspective. I encourage any of you who've been reading my posts to please take my advice! It's not by accident you are reading this. Make it worth something.

Peace and Love,
Jaz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma

So this topic was one I've wanted to write about since I started this blog but haven't had the guts to write it out knowing I would exploit the live of someone without them knowing first. I feel like she won't mind if she actually read it and saw I was using her as an example for something positive that has help me grow spiritually and has consequently made me a better person.  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi This post will be about my mother. For those of you who don't know who she is specifically, sorry I'm going to leave her name out of this because I don't feel as though that is important. So here's the basic summary of the life of my mother through the lens of her eldest daughter. My mom got pregnant at the age of sixteen and had me at the age of seventeen while she was still in high school. Though I was too young to remember how her life was when she was a young mother

Depression and Drugs

"Once you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." -Willie Nelson Have you ever felt like your life was on repeat? The same boring shit keeps happening and it just feels like you aren't really progressing? Well if you've ever stopped for even a second and thought about this, thats the first step in fixing the problem.. Acknowledging you have a one. Now I'm about to get real dark for a minute and tell you about my depression and what I did when I realized I had a problem. So back when I first started attending UF is when I noticed something was not right. I was so focused on getting everything I needed to get done for school that I didn't take a moment to think about how I was actually feeling about my life. I started noticing something was wrong with myself when crying every night would become a routine for me instead of sleeping. I'm talking like I wasn't sleeping for like 48 hours at

Who the heck am I?

A question I'm still asking myself sometimes ngl. So I'm going to start this post off with a quote I received from a friend this morning: "What is most personal is most universal."  - C.R. Rogers Quote is super relevant because thats what I'm about to do.. get personal. So I think it's safe to say that if you guys are reading this you probably have an idea of who I am being that I linked this to all my social media accounts. But allow me to re-introduce myself without the likable insta posts and quotable twitter lines. I am Jasmine. Or as most of my friends call me Jaz. I was born at Health Park Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida to teenage parents. My mom had me at seventeen and my parents had to become parents while they were young and not really ready. They struggled and for a long time we lived in a little trailer down A road in a little town called Labelle. Right before I turned two they blessed me with a sister who has been my rock through m