Skip to main content

Spiritual Gangster

Alright something I've been dancing around since I've started this blog because I want to explain this in the clearest way to those of you who need to know where I stand on religion and such. First off I want to explain the difference between religion and spirituality in words anyone can understand. Religion is the belief or faith in something other than self and spirituality is belief in a more broad idea of truth. Religion is based on the idea of serving a "god." Spirituality is empowerment of self and the idea of finding enlightenment through awareness. Now if you've been reading any of my previous posts you could probably tell where I stand in the spirituality vs religion issue; I am spiritual but not religious. I believe that all that is good comes from belief in true self and I am the light.



Whatever you call it, there is a higher power. Whether you believe it is in something other than yourself or within yourself is up to you, but I will tell you how I've come to find this power within myself. I read a lot about the universe and the miracles it works when you connect with it and the best book I've found to describe the way I feel about this topic is in a book called You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. In it she describes this idea of a god as source energy.

She basically explains this idea of god being a higher energy or frequency level. Believing that you raise your energy and become closer to the things you want and things that will bring you happiness by focusing on the things you desire. Or in other terms, the law of attraction.
"The universe will match whatever vibration you put out. And you can't fool the universe."
- Jen Sincero
This just means that you when you focus your mind on things that make you feel good, you will attract the things that make you feel good. This supports this idea we have that beautiful people attract beautiful people. You know those hot people that are with hot people and you're just like "wow, how?" These people attract exactly what they put out. Whether that be about looks or just the fact that two souls have matched beautifully, what their doing is putting themselves out there to attract the things they desire. Similarly, radiating love and positivity will attract the things that are THAT to you. The idea behind this view on a higher power is that you move closer to it when you put out good vibes. Everyone in this universe is at a certain frequency level now. If you're hateful, angry, pessimistic, jealous, think you're ugly, or are feeling worthless, you are probably vibing at a low frequency. Whereas if you are grateful, optimistic and thinking positive, you are vibing high. Get it? The universe runs on this idea of all humans being connected through these energy levels, but the things and people you attract into your life are reflective of the mindset YOU have. Believe what you believe but there is one thing that is true for religion and spirituality alike; The more time you dedicate to the things that you believe in, the closer you come to whatever that higher power is to you. Thats prayer, meditation, church, reading, or whatever means you're dedicating time to what you believe. In turn this will be reflected in your life in ways that will bring you closer to the light.

So what does all this mean exactly?

  • We are all connected as humans in someway. Whether that be through a "god," or through energy is up to you
  • You attract what you put out, put out your best qualities and you will attract greatness into your life
  • Focusing and spending time practicing things that you believe are true to you will only bring you closer to enlightenment 
Going to say this over and over again but life is really what you make of it guys, so make it true to you. Once you become aware of the things that are important to you and focus in on them, you will live a life worth the ups and the downs. Vibe high and enjoy the ride.

Peace and Love,
Jaz


p.s. I'm probably going to just do a list of books I've read on this in case any of you guys are interested in learning more about the spiritual world.  

p.s.s. sorry for taking so long to write a new post. School is my priority until I can afford to focus on things I enjoy more, like blogging. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma

So this topic was one I've wanted to write about since I started this blog but haven't had the guts to write it out knowing I would exploit the live of someone without them knowing first. I feel like she won't mind if she actually read it and saw I was using her as an example for something positive that has help me grow spiritually and has consequently made me a better person.  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi This post will be about my mother. For those of you who don't know who she is specifically, sorry I'm going to leave her name out of this because I don't feel as though that is important. So here's the basic summary of the life of my mother through the lens of her eldest daughter. My mom got pregnant at the age of sixteen and had me at the age of seventeen while she was still in high school. Though I was too young to remember how her life was when she was a young mother

Who the heck am I?

A question I'm still asking myself sometimes ngl. So I'm going to start this post off with a quote I received from a friend this morning: "What is most personal is most universal."  - C.R. Rogers Quote is super relevant because thats what I'm about to do.. get personal. So I think it's safe to say that if you guys are reading this you probably have an idea of who I am being that I linked this to all my social media accounts. But allow me to re-introduce myself without the likable insta posts and quotable twitter lines. I am Jasmine. Or as most of my friends call me Jaz. I was born at Health Park Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida to teenage parents. My mom had me at seventeen and my parents had to become parents while they were young and not really ready. They struggled and for a long time we lived in a little trailer down A road in a little town called Labelle. Right before I turned two they blessed me with a sister who has been my rock through m

Depression and Drugs

"Once you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." -Willie Nelson Have you ever felt like your life was on repeat? The same boring shit keeps happening and it just feels like you aren't really progressing? Well if you've ever stopped for even a second and thought about this, thats the first step in fixing the problem.. Acknowledging you have a one. Now I'm about to get real dark for a minute and tell you about my depression and what I did when I realized I had a problem. So back when I first started attending UF is when I noticed something was not right. I was so focused on getting everything I needed to get done for school that I didn't take a moment to think about how I was actually feeling about my life. I started noticing something was wrong with myself when crying every night would become a routine for me instead of sleeping. I'm talking like I wasn't sleeping for like 48 hours at